Frequently Asked Questions

Can we withdraw our funds on deposit with The Foundation at any time?

Short-Term Fund: There are no restrictions on withdrawals from the Short-Term Fund.  Withdrawals from the Short-Term Fund can be made at any time without penalty by filling out a withdrawal form and having the appropriate persons sign the form.

Long-Term Fund: Withdrawal requests should be made 5 business days prior to the end of the second and fourth quarter.  Withdrawals will then be distributed at the end of the quarter.

What interest rate do we earn on our funds?

Short-Term Fund: Effective September 1, 2012 the interest rate paid on deposits in the Short Term Pooled Fund will be 2.0%. Interest is earned from the day of deposit to the day of withdrawal and is calculated on June 30 and December 31. A church or institution may request disbursement of the interest or have it added to the principal.

Long-Term Fund: Investments are revalued on the last business day of each quarter.  Earnings on investments are based on actual performance of the Fund.   Distributions of income and realized gains can be made quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.

Who manages the funds on deposit with The Foundation?

The Foundation Investment Committee meets at least quarterly to review the portfolio. They have selected Gerber/Taylor Associates, Inc., an independent, full-service registered investment advisor located in Memphis, TN, to assist in the development of our investment policy and the selection of money managers.  They monitor the managers and meet with our Investment Committee.

How do I open an account with The Foundation?

A local church or institution may open an account with The Foundation by completing the Investor Agreement and returning it with a check for the initial deposit. Call or email for more information.

Are individuals allowed to invest personal funds with The Foundation?

Sorry, the Foundation only accepts funds from churches, agencies, and institutions of the Conference. Individuals may establish a charitable trust with The Foundation, with the interest being paid to named beneficiaries, and with the final beneficiary being their local church or ministry.

How do I apply for scholarship assistance?

Call our office, 601-948-8845, after February 1 of each year to request an application for the next school year.  The applications must be received in our office by June 1 to be considered by our Scholarship Committee.